So, God just reminded me that he speaks to me, and I hear him!
There have been all these things on my mind lately, that I've talked about even today with some people, and today, Jesus wrote me a personal letter about them all through Psalm 37. You may know I've been struggling with my finances, living day to day and learning to trust in his provision. You may not have known that I have felt a little bit of shame/disgrace about my situation, about being laid off and jobless and having to do this temp job, issues of both pride and feeling like a failure of sorts. You may know that I've been learning what it is to give abundantly in my lack. You may know how much I've been seeking clear direction on things. You probably didn't know that I've wondered if God cares sometimes, especially about all the little pieces of my life that I think only I care about. So all these reminders to preface this...
"It is better to be godly and have little than to be evil and rich. For the strength of the wicked will be shattered, but the Lord takes care of the godly. Day by day the Lord takes care of the innocent, and they will receive an inheritance that lasts forever. They will not be disgraced in hard times; even in famine, they will have more than enough...the godly are generous givers...The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand."
I think Jesus was telling me that he sees me, that he hears me. I'm so amazed and thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment