Tuesday brought about a chance meeting with some girls I don't usually get much time with, and it turned out to be a very uplifting and inspiring few hours. Then when I got home, I got a totally unexpected care package in the mail stuffed full of snacks and hot cocoa mix and words of encouragement. I had just recently been wishing that I had the funds to splurge on getting some stuff for snacking, and then it arrived on my doorstep! And now I have cards with new encouraging words on them to be opened every other day for the next few months.
Today I went to Thomas Nelson for a production meeting, since I still freelance for them. And my former colleagues are so caring and loving still, like a family, speaking affection and concern for you but also reassurance. Tonight I went to Life Group (that's what our church calls the small groups), and it really is a gathering that infuses life into you. As I was getting ready to leave, I was slipped a wad of cash that the Lord had told that person to give me. Walking out of there, I had such a strong sense of family, of a small group of people who come from all different walks of life but really are tied together through the bonds of a love that can't be explained. We take care of each other and challenge each other and walk through life together. I'm just so touched by the way God has been showing me how he is a father who loves his children abundantly and without measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over. I have no idea what will come, but I'm confident of my Lord. I'm deeply moved by his presence in my life. I'm so excited for this opportunity to live a year choosing God one step at a time.
Lead, Kindly Light, amidst th'encircling gloom,
Lead Thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home,
Lead Thou me on!
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me.
Lead Thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home,
Lead Thou me on!
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment