Friday, August 17, 2012

Assorted Wisdom

I've been blessed with an assortment of wisdom this week that has brought me a measure of healing and wholeness and peace. Here are some tidbits:

  • Children have no shame when they ask for things. You can always ask God for things as his child. He won't always say yes, but you can ask without fear.
  • Like the woman in Luke 13, Jesus sees me. I am not invisible to him.
  • Others are able to mediate the gentleness of Christ to us when we are not able to be gentle with ourselves.
  • It's not so much that the internal conversation constantly going on in me needs to be silenced as that I need to invite God into the conversation, to allow him to assume his rightful place at the head of the table.
  • Our negative desires are distortions of good, holy desires. We need to listen to the good desires that underlie the negative ones.
  • It's good to say sorry when you know you're wrong. It's better and real maturity to acknowledge you could be wrong when you're pretty sure you're not.
Thank you, Jesus. :)

No comments: