Sunday, January 9, 2011

OJ's birthday this past weekend. We had the girls over for a Princess Pizza Party, which was lots of fun! Homemade pizza is delicious with its fresh toppings, homemade pizza sauce, and gooey cheese. Girl talk, hair braiding, laughter, and sparkly tiaras. I'm glad it turned out so well, since OJ's birthdays don't have the best track record.

We are in the middle of winter right now, and it's been so cold lately. Apparently, this past Christmas was the first white Christmas Nashville has had in almost twenty years. We are under winter weather advisory right now, and it's supposed to be pretty bad tomorrow. My roomie and I were discussing what we should do if the power should go out because of the snow...light all our candles? :-P I keep hoping that it's not going to be as bad as the weather channel says, because I really need to go to work tomorrow. Very important things need to be done and turned in! Things that really cannot be late.

Sometimes it seems rather surreal that my life has brought me here where my regular day on the job includes corresponding with country music stars and authors whose books I grew up reading. If I were to go back in time and tell my college self where I'd be years in the future, I might have trouble believing me. :-)

There are still so many things I want to do, though, that are hard with how busy I always am at work and at church. I want to travel and see so many places full of history and culture. I want to have the vacation time to go on missions trips more often and hold little kids in my arms from all over the world. But someone once told me that it's Jesus who puts my dreams in my heart, and he knows.

No comments: