
I listened to the audiobook for Anne of Green Gables a couple weeks ago, so I've had a hankering to watch the movies again on YouTube...and they are just as good today as they were years ago when I would sit and watch them, engrossed, with my mom and my brother and sister. Even now, the music itself brings me back and makes me feel all these emotions and nostalgia. :-) I love Anne and everything that makes her who she is. There's a little bit of her in me that I understand, perhaps the incurable romantic and the vast vocabulary and imaginings. There's just something so beautiful about the story and the characters. I feel somewhat silly and girlish at certain parts and lines where I just melt and smile or where I even almost cry (which is rather rare for me when it comes to movies!).
One of these days I'm going to go to Prince Edward Island just to have been there. :) I'm a lot closer to it now in Tennessee than I used to be in Arizona.
Anne and Gilbert are such a classic love story...well, maybe not classic but more real and enduring. I think that there'll always be a soft part in my heart for their romance. Hmmm, I need the same kind of theme music following me around everywhere; then I'll know when I meet my Gilbert Blythe right away! Haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment